Sunday, August 5, 2012

Curious George and the Feverish Toddler

We have had a Curious George marathon at our house today. Benjamin has been running a fever on and off since Friday and we have been spent a lot of time laying around.  He normally doesn't stop moving, but these past few days we have had a lot of cuddle time. I hate to see him sick and its hard because I don't know what is bothering him, other than the fever. I am just trying to keep him comfortable and away from baby brother until he starts feeling better.

I think Sundays are the worst day to be sick. I really look forward to going to church. Some weeks it is the only social interaction I get, and I really miss seeing everybody. I like putting my children in the nursery for a little while so I can be fed on the Word of God.  I can relax in knowing that my babies are in good hands and I can focus on worshiping God. I did watch David Jeremiah on TV this morning, but its just not the same.

Benjamin started out the day asking for "Bob" which means Veggie Tales. We went to his room to read a "Bob" book instead and then this afternoon it was " George, ooh ooh ooh!" I couldn't resist his cute request so thus the Curious George marathon. He has enjoyed pointing out the things he recognizes and then going into an explanation in his own language that I still haven't deciphered. I think tonight we'll eat some ice cream while we watch that mischievous little monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment