Thursday, July 26, 2012

What's for dinner?

I love having a meal plan. My day is so much easier when I know what I am going to fix for dinner. I can wing it through breakfast and lunch but if I don't have a dinner idea before 3:00, I start sweating. Well, maybe not actually sweating but my adrenaline is definitely up.

I started meal planning right after we got married to coupon more effectively. Although I still use coupons for some things, most of the time I can't find coupons for the food we eat. I have been trying to eat more whole wheat, homemade, less processed food for the past 2 years, but my husband wants to eat stuff that tastes good. Imagine that?!

So planning meals for my family can be somewhat difficult. I feel like we eat the same thing all the time. I am going to challenge myself to try to make one new thing every week so we can have some variety on the table.

Here is next week's menu plan:

Sunday- leftovers
Monday- Dinner with Extended Family
Tuesday-  Homemade Sloppy Joes, Potatoes and Onions
Wednesday- Chicken Dumplins, Apples, Corn
Thursday-  Sour Cream-Beef Casserole, Broccoli
Friday- Taco Salads
Saturday-  Chicken and squash skillet

Banana Bread
Brownie Dessert


No comments:

Post a Comment