Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Quietness

I have been pretty quiet on here lately. I have been dealing with some things and I just haven't felt the liberty to share. I will say that right now, I am confused. I am seeking for wisdom and waiting for God to work. I have once heard it said, that when you can't see God working on the outside that He is working behind the scenes.
Please pray with me that I will get through this valley and these circumstances will bring Glory to God.

 'God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him' - John Piper

I heard John Piper's message on this several years ago and I still find myself pondering this statement. At first glance I really thought this was inappropriate. Our satisfaction should have nothing to do with God's glory. We should seek His will and forsake our desires.
Then I think of  "Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
And I remember truths I learned in Bible studies, God created us for His good pleasure, He sings over us, He loves me with a protective, hand-stretching, arm-reaching kind of love.
I guess I would have understood the statement better if it had sounded like this.

When we are most satisfied in Him, He will be most glorified in us.

I want that. I want my face to shine with God's glory.

Dear Lord, Help me to be Satisfied in You, Content in You, Confident in You and You alone.

1 comment:

  1. John Piper :shudder:

    Hope you make it out of your down time quickly.

    ReplyDelete